I went on a walk with Claire today and it was a beautiful fall day. The wind was blowing a cold, gusty wind, but it wasn't too bad when the sun was out. When the sun went behind a cloud, I wished I had brought a jacket. I cannot believe the weather is changing already...fall is almost here! The changing weather is stirring emotions of excitement as well as anxiety inside of me.
I love the fall time where you can finally eat warm, comforting food and enjoy the smells of spice and cinnamon. It is fun to get back in to winter clothes, remembering clothes you forgot about and loving them again. I love the feeling of being all covered up and cozy. I cannot wait to put our warm down comforter on the bed again. I am so excited to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving, to cook yummy holiday food, to decorate the house, and to turn on the fireplace. I know the autumn leaves will just be amazing here, I cannot wait to experience fall in the east!
I get anxious when I think that fall means winter is just around the corner...I am scared of the winter coming in Ohio...I hear it is going to be a bad one and that last year was mild (and I thought it snowed sooo much and was sooo cold). I worry about buying more food essentials so that if we get stuck we will have enough food to live. I am kinda dreading the days where it is too cold and snowy out that I can't go anywhere with Claire and we will be bored being in the house all the time. I am worried about not seeing any family for the holidays this year. I feel lonely just thinking about it.
Now I am going to put all the negative and anxious feelings away and see what I can do to spice up our lives and to make sure we have a wonderful autumn time. Our little family can begin to enjoy making new traditions together! I even changed my blog design to a more fall festive theme. ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I loved this post. I completely agreed with everything you said. It made me miss you guys and wish we could hang out again (like the last post about BYU almost made me cry, because we did the same thing and Coulson wore his little BYU shirt and carried his BYU football around all day. Wish we could have watched it together and got a picture of all our babies with their cute shirts!) I love fall too. I was actually just getting my fall decor out and asked Nate if it was weird that I was putting up fall decor when it was sunny and 75 degrees outside. I am definitely going to miss fall, especially the falls in the east. They are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete