Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cleveland Children's Museum

Last Saturday Jacob, Claire, and I went to the Cleveland Children's Museum.  I had gotten a BOGO from Groupon and the pass was about to expire so we had to make this outing happen.  I'm so glad we did!  Claire had such a great time exploring and was in awe of all the things to do and people to look at.  There were sooo many people there on Saturday, I guess the museum must be really awesome or people don't have anything else to do with their kids on a snowy Saturday...I'm guessing both. :)

Here is Claire in the Toddler only area with a stuffed sheep.  She loved all the animals and it was so nice to have an area just for her size and ability.

Just picking some apples, she really got the idea of picking the apples off and putting them in a basket.

Pushing the lawn mower, this toy was a hot commodity.  

Riding the tractor!  Claire is figuring out how to push with her legs to go.

Jacob and Claire in the Big Red Barn.

Driving the car!

Mommy and Claire driving!

Claire loved being on this bed, I thought she was so overwhelmed she was gunna lay down and take a little nap. :)

Water learning area, Claire loved splashing.

The museum was smart to provide these little rain coats, Claire has the best time putting her hands in the COLD water and watching what all the other kids were doing.

Claire still got one sleeve super soaked so we decided it was time to go.  I had to take her shirt off and just put on  her sweater.  I seem to have forgotten to bring a change of cloths with me since they are so rarely needed. 

Quick story, on the way home we made a wrong turn so the GPS compensated and found us another way home through the most ghetto and nasty neighborhood I have ever been in.  We won't be interested in the scenic tour next time. :)  Also, it started to snow really heavy on the way home and on the highway a huge van we were slowly passing decided to come into our lane without looking.  Jacob had to honk and swerve out of the way, almost causing us to spin out.  It was so scary.  I'm so grateful our car hung on and that we came out of that situation safe!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a fun time! We really do have to make it out to the museum soon. Maybe not on a busy Saturday. =) I know what you mean about the Ghetto spots of Cleveland. We did the same thing, and Jerry said it looked just like where he served his mission in Oakland CA. Did you know Cleveland just got rated in the top 10 most miserable cities in the United States!

    ReplyDelete