Monday, April 11, 2011

Announcement!

Jacob and I are so excited to announce that we are expecting a baby!!  The baby is due October 12th, so I am almost 14 weeks along in the pregnancy.  We just had an appointment on Saturday and the baby is growing nicely and everything seems to be going well.  Check out the ultrasound pictures below!  I love our office, they do lots of ultrasounds, I've already had two. :)  I swear I have felt the baby kick and move quite a few times and so I asked the doctor if that was possible and he said yes.  I'm so glad cause I was hoping I wasn't just imagining it; I think I can feel it earlier with this pregnancy because I know what it feels like from the last one.  We have an active little person in there!



I am finally past most of the sickness and tiredness.  The first 7 weeks of pregnancy I wasn't sick, but I was soo hungry.  I wanted to eat everything in sight.  During the 8th week until now I have been super tired, just wishing for more naps, quite sick to my stomach all the time, and a very poor appetite.  It is a struggle to find things that I want to eat, but I've got to eat every few hours or I do get sick.  I've only thrown up a handful of times, but there are a lot of smells that set me off gagging and almost throwing up.  Just a slight garbage smell or Claire's stinky diapers are the worst for me.  Luckily, most of that is subsiding and I am not so tired as I now go to bed around 9:30.

Something else that is really exciting is that my sister Beth and her husband Brent are expecting a baby of their own, number three!  We actually have the same due date, so it has been super fun to compare notes and talk about how we and our babies are growing.  It may be a little tricky though to get my mom in two places at once when the babies come... :)  

I don't think Claire really understands that there is a baby in my belly, though we try to tell her.  I'm sure her world is going to be rocked when this new little one comes.  I have tried to hold a friend's baby, sweet Chloe, and Claire freaks out, crying and whining for me to put the baby down.  Hum...how to work on this for when the new baby arrives?  At least I've got about 6 more months to prepare.

Again, Jacob and I are so excited, but a little nervous too.  Adding another baby will be a big change and hopefully we are ready for it.  We cannot wait to find out the gender around 20 weeks!  Hopefully I'll be doing lots of updates, so be ready.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations. That is so exciting. I've decided that the 1st trimester is one thing I dislike going through but as I am approaching the end of my second trimester I feel so much better. I hope that is the same for you. It is so fun to feel them move inside of you.
    Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! make sure you guys plan a trip out to california after the little one is born so that we can see your whole family:) we even have two guest bedrooms for you to use.

    ReplyDelete