Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mister at 6-7 months!

I often call Tommy...mister or little mister.  I don't know why, but it just fits him and Claire and Jacob now do as well.  I'm kind of worried he is going to think his name is mister instead of Tommy, but hopefully he will figure it out!  Tommy at 6 to 7 months have had a few downs and a lot of ups.   He has been teething this past month and I can confirm two teeth have finally arrived, one middle bottom tooth and one middle top tooth.  I think it is so funny that he didn't get his bottom two teeth together, but the next one is on its way.  Tommy also begun the 6 month with another ear infection.  After about a week of him waking at night and being super grumpy, I finally took him to the doctor and found out about the ear infection (I just thought his rough nights were due to teething).  Now Tommy is SO much happier and sleeping a solid 10.5-11 hours at night!!  Fingers crossed it continues. :) 

Uh...Tommy that is not really how the bouncer is supposed to work...  This used to be his favorite toy, but now that he can move around he rolls over every time I stick him in it.  The other day he put his hand on the top with his knees under him and started rocking like he was on a bull ride.  So funny...and a little dangerous!

Tommy has been working on crawling this past month.  It started with him getting on all fours and rocking, but now he can actually crawl for a few hand and knees times and then scoot around pretty good.  I already have had to worry about what he is getting into and him getting too close to the stairs.  Oh man...the craziness has already begun and will get worse as he gets better at crawling.  Tommy is also sitting up pretty well and will stay sitting for a while before he decides it is time to move around.  He doesn't even crash to the ground anymore, he is getting more graceful at falling over.  :)



My FAVORITE thing Tommy has begun doing in the last few days is saying, mama mama.  It is so cute and I love hearing his sweet little voice.  He has said dada a few times, but mama is his favorite.  Tommy also loves his toy car and the wheels of Claire's doll stroller.  It's amazing to me how much of a boy he is already.  Tommy just loves Claire so much.  He laughs and looks at her all the time.  He even has a super hard time eating his bottle if she is around.  Tommy would much rather watch Claire than eat.  I love to watch them interact and enjoy each other.  Speaking of food, Tommy doesn't seem to be too particular about food...he eats prunes, apples, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, and green beans.  I am still pumping and feeding Tommy.  It is going really well and I still produce more than he needs to eat.  I am very grateful that it is working and for modern technology making it all possible.

Tommy knocked down the stroller to check out the wheels!  Jacob's mom says he did the same thing. :)


What a goof?!  He loves that car.

Tommy also loves his daddy.  He has huge smiles for him every time Jacob comes home.  Tommy is so sweet and we just love him to pieces.  He is super chill and happy most of the time, but every once in a while (when he is really tired usually) he sure lets me know he is mad and is hard to calm down.  This boy needs his sleep!  I enjoyed the newborn phase, but I am glad Tommy is getting a bit older and his schedule is becoming more flexible.  Honestly it is more fun now to go out and do things, especially now that summer is here!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! How fun that him and Claire are interacting. Ty and Colt aren't quite at that stage yet. I bet Claire is so good with him. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete