I was talking to Claire about why she needs to empty the dishwasher. The conversation went something like this.
Claire: I don't want to do this anymore, why do I have to empty the dishwasher?
Me: Well Claire, we need to have clean dishes to eat off of so we need to empty the dishwasher, plus you are part of this family and you need to help out. I don't always want to cook and clean, but I do it so we can have a nice house and clean dishes. You also need to lean how to work, you'll have to do the dishes when you are older.
Claire: But Mom, I'm not going to be a mommy, I'm going to be an astronaut!
Me: Can't you do both, be an astronaut and a mommy?
Claire: But how?!
Me: Maybe you could be an astronaut first and a mommy later?
Claire: Well...maybe I better be a princess, because they wear dresses and I LOVE wearing dresses. Mom we need to get more dresses just to wear in the summertime, not just to church.
Me: Okay Claire.
A day later, this was pretty funny too!
Tommy: Dad, what's bossy?
Jacob: It's telling someone what to do all the time.
Claire: I'm being bossy!
Jacob: Why are you being bossy? It's not nice.
Claire: Daaaad, I'm just practicing to be a mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment