Lincoln is one week old!
Love this blue chevron swaddle blanket my mom made for Lincoln!
Lincoln between one to two weeks old! He has beautiful blue eyes, I hope they last.
My mom with Lincoln. We LOVED having my mom here to help! I could not of made it those first few weeks without her help. Claire and Tommy super overwhelmed me at first and my mom was so great at watching them and doing pretty much all the housework. Thank you mom!
Just love a sleeping baby!
Lincoln was a super good nurser, but my milk takes forever to come in so he was loosing weight. Our pediatrician and lactation consultant recommended doing SNS which is a little tube that gives the baby formula while he nurses so they get something while nursing. Well, it pretty much ruined Lincoln because unless he was getting something he wouldn't nurse. One of my nipple is inverted and has caused me so much grief and pain through all of my kids. I decided to switch to pumping since Lincoln wouldn't latch on and because my inverted nipple was so cracked, bleeding, and had HUGE scabs on it. I had been pumping for 5 weeks. But, my inverted nipple is still cracked and bleeding every time I pump. It is SO painful. I have said three weeks in a row, "I will give it one more week to heal" and it still has not healed more than three weeks later. I am now switching to formula. It is hard to feel guilty and like I am not trying hard enough, but it will be the best thing for me and my family at this point. Now I have developed mastitus, which is one of the most painful things I have ever endured. I have so many of the risk factors to have mastitus, it is kind of ridiculous. One of the big ones is that a person is much more likely to develop mastitus if your nipple is cracked. Mine is very cracked and bleeding still. I am so looking forward to healing and not being in pain...hopefully soon.



Oh Kristen! I just read this! I have one inverted also. It sucks! Bella was a crazy awesome nurser so she managed it fine. But Lizzy just couldn't do it. I was literally biting down on a towel with tears streaming down my face to nurse her. Then I tried pumping but it just wasn't enough and still hurt. I totally know how you feel! I'm glad it's getting better for you. Don't feel guilty! As long as the baby is healthy and happy that's all the matters!
ReplyDelete