Claire sweetly sleeping!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day to ME!
Most of the time I LOVE being a mother. Sometimes I believe it is the most frustrating and difficult job in the world. I love to watch Claire grow and change, discovering new things. It makes me feel so loved when she reaches for me from the ground or other people's arms. I find myself thinking "I just love her so much, I just love my sweet baby." I especially love holding Claire when she sleeps (which doesn't happen very often because I have her sleep in her own bed). She seems most precious and close to God when her eyes are closed and she is softly breathing. My favorite thing Claire does is when she sees something she wants. Her eyes get so bright and huge, her mouth is wide open as she tries her hardest to crawl, climb, or reach for the desired object.
Motherhood has also been a huge challenge for me at first. Before Claire was born, Jacob and I had been married for almost three years. That was three years of Jacob indulging me and us doing whatever we wanted, when we wanted. I found it very difficult to adjust to constantly putting Claire's needs before my own. I think that is why being a mother is one of the best ways a person learns to become like the Savior. Being a mother is a huge sacrifice, but it also has amazing rewards that could not be gained another way. I am grateful for the blessing it is to be a mother and the joy it brings to my life every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I agree completely on how it is the best way to become like the Savior. It is the most joyous blessing. Thanks for always being a great example to me. I think you are a wonderful Mother. Claire is very lucky! Thanks for the fun Sunday evening!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words! I have enjoyed getting to know you and I think you are a great person and an even better Mother. Coulson loves you so much. Sunday was so fun, thanks for coming over!
ReplyDelete