I have been terrified of letting Claire experience the stairs because I don't want her to fall and hit her little noggin too hard. We have had a make-shift gate to block the stairs so I do not have to keep her away from them constantly. The picture below displays Jacob's design, the box used to suffice, but Claire quickly learned how to push it out of the way so chairs were added.
Claire would go over to the box, stand on her tippy-toes to look at the stairs below and cry, like she just wanted to go down them. So, last Friday, July 9th I decided to teach her how. She always tries to go face forward so I kept turning her back around and pulled her feet down first and she quickly got the idea. Below are two videos of her stair climbing debut. One going down, and the other going up! I think it is so funny how she will stop, and look back down see how far she has come or how much further she has to go.
I'm sure she will be a master climber soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment