On the trolley. Me and my mom rode these quite a bit.
We were experts at the trolley system by the end.
Me at the opening to the open air French Market. Lots of fun touristy stuff to look at and buy.
You can't visit New Orleans without a stop at Cafe Du Monde. So we went twice!
The beignets at Cafe Du Monde. Delicious!
Just an awesome picture of the scenery!
The curve of the Mississippi River. To the Right.
And to the left. Really beautiful and smelly.
We went on a walking tour of this famous cemetery and the Garden District nearby. The Garden District has famous mansions that were pretty cool. Many famous movies have been filmed in this very cemetery and since I'm not a movie buff - especially a horror movie buff - I can't remember any of them. It was interesting hearing the history of the cemetery and mansions, but oh man was it hot!
They build these tombs because the water plane is so low. They are actual pieces of property that belongs to a family. You have to purchase the lot and it has a deed. There could be 20 people buried in each one! Or as many as you need I guess. Interesting and cool.
It was a great trip to New Orleans and I had so much fun with my mom. Jacob did a great job at keeping things together at home and I so appreciate him supporting me so that I could go. I know Jacob and the kids were relieved to see me at the end of 4.5 days. Tommy was so cute and kept saying to me, "Mom, I really missed you." I missed them all as well, but let me tell you, I enjoyed my few days away! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment