I went more with a rainbow theme for Lincoln's birthday and made rainbow cupcakes. They were super time consuming to layer all the colors. The end result was worth the effort, but I won't be doing that again anytime soon. :)
Lincoln took a great nap on his birthday and barely woke up in time for his party! We got some balloons which Lincoln loved to stare at, pull on, and try to eat. I made a ONE banner for him too.
We sang happy birthday to Lincoln! He loved the candle and even touched it before I grabbed his hand. He didn't really get burnt, but he certainly was surprised by the heat.
Lincoln is my first baby to really get after the smash cake. It probably helped that he was hungry and daddy helped him to get started.
Lincoln had a blast eating and making a mess! That is a real birthday present from me. :)
He is so cute I can't even handle it!
Daddy helped Lincoln open presents. Lincoln wasn't too interested in opening the presents. He just wanted to crawl around so we had to keep pulling him back to focus on the presents. Claire and Tommy were more than happy to help him open the presents as well!
Jacob reading this cute card from Aunt Sarah and Uncle David. Lincoln loved and still loves opening the card to hear the song it plays. He has probably played with that present/toy the most!
Love this little boy so much!
Lincoln had a great birthday and we are thankful to everyone who helped celebrate Lincolns special day! About a week after Lincoln's birthday he took his first steps. I think he is like Tommy in the fact that he could crawl so fast he wasn't too concerned about walking. He is starting to walk more and more now which is so fun. This little guy is also a huge pain! :) I have never had a child "get in" to so much stuff and make such big messes just for the joy of it. Lincoln loves to try to get into the garbage can, the toilets, pull up the vents, pull papers out of my sofa table drawers, knock down all the books from the kid's shelf, and just ruin/knock down anything he can. I can tell he is going to bring new challenges I have not faced with my other two kids. And the weird thing is that Lincoln is so cute I am almost looking forward to it!




No comments:
Post a Comment