On Tuesday night our Church had their annual Halloween Party. I was in charge of the event so I really wanted to make it great and to have a lot of fun. We had a carnival type games, a delectable dessert contest, a pre-carved pumpkin contest, a costume parade, and trunk-or-treating. I was really worried about being able to do the trunk-or-treat because the area had severe weather warnings. Well, we really did end up with severe weather and the power went out at the church for about 45mins right as guests were arriving. Can you believe it? I thought this was just the icing on the cake of the list of things that went wrong in planning this party. But, we made the best of it and a few people brought lanterns and flashlights and we had a more spooky Halloween party than we planned on. We had just decided to have those who brought candy to set up around the gym and then we would have the kids trick-or-treat and go home because we really shouldn't be in the building without power. About 5 minutes into the trick-or-treating the lights miraculously came back on and we were able to continue with the party as planned. I was so relieved because of all the hard work my team and I had put into decorating. Check out the pictures below!
Claire and a good friend...spiderman!
Shooting station
Slime making station
Doughnut on a string station
Spider on the basketball hoop, it looked a lot cooler in person, I promise :)
Some of the carved pumpkins
I'm trying to remember all the stuff I need to do and my sweet baby!
Claire and a friend
Daddy and Claire, he had to take care of her the whole time!
Pudding eating contest, super fun!
The pudding crew.
We had a great time and I am so grateful to the few who helped decorate! Am I on board for next year? You had better ask me then! :)
It looks like you did a great job Kristen. I knew you would. It is fun seeing old faces. It makes us miss Ohio.
ReplyDelete