Wow! Time is flying by I tell you...Claire is already 14 months old. Claire is still learning and changing so much. Last month Claire went for 3 nights straight sleeping 13 hours at night...it was crazy...I woke up the first time thinking "Oh my gosh, is she okay, I better go check on her, but wait if she is okay then I don't want to wake her up, what do I do?!" Of course she was okay thankfully and she begun to sleep a consistent 11 hours for a few weeks. Now she is back to 10-11 hours at night. I think she was going through a major growth spurt because she was eating a lot more food as well.
Speaking of food, that area is going a lot better recently. Claire is down to 3 bottles (update: Claire just has an evening bottle now) and will drink milk out of a sippy cup fairly well. She has done much better eating a variety of solids, especially fruit. She LOVES cheese! Here are a few dinner items she has loved: potato soup, meatloaf, lasagna noodles and meat, broccoli and cheese casserole, taco meat and beans, and chicken in any variety is always a favorite. Claire still doesn't have her molars so I still find it difficult to find her things to eat, hopefully they will come soon. I am getting ready to wean her from her noon bottle as well (I gave up on that earlier as you might remember I tried that in an earlier post, I just don't think she was ready). Claire is working on self-feeding. I will give her a spoon or fork loaded with food and she will successfully get it into her mouth. And she of course loves to pick up food off of her tray and eat that way as well.
Claire has really picked up on signing. Here is what she signs: more, all done, eat, drink, milk, apple, cereal, and please. I think please has been the best because often she will sign please to get what she wants instead of throwing a fit, but it is funny when I don't know what she wants and she is signing please...that is a puzzle to solve. We are working on signing thank you, bird, flower, and book.
Claire is also a master walker, turning into a runner. She LOVES LOVES going on walks outside and to play on the playground. I really enjoy it too. She has even worn out a pair of shoes we purchased about a month ago...we can see a toe poking out of the front seam. =) Guess it is time for a new pair! She also has the stinkiest feet when we don't use socks with her shoes, I'm telling you...it is bad!
Claire at 14 months!



No comments:
Post a Comment