Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I love this time of year, especially the food!  I hope this is a warm and delicious day for everyone and that we all remember our blessings.  Jacob and I decided to not only name one thing we are grateful for, but five things we are grateful for on this special day.  Jacob and I each wrote our own lists and we collaborated together to list five things we think Claire would say she is thankful for if she could talk.  Hope you enjoy!
 5 Things Jacob is Thankful For on this Thanksgiving:
1) A loving Heavenly Father that has blessed me with a wonderful family, a wonderful job, and knowledge of His eternal plan of happiness for us. He has given us the opportunity to live together forever, and for that I am so thankful.
2) My wonderful wife, who makes me a better person, takes care of me, makes me feel so loved and also does an awesome job as a mommy. I’m particularly thankful that she is such a wonderful cook and is willing to make me lunch and dinner every day – I’m so grateful!
3) My sweet daughter, who brightens up my day, keeps me active, and is such a joy to watch learning and growing. I’m thankful she’s healthy, happy, and is just as beautiful as her mommy.
4) My parents who taught me the value of integrity, hard work, and the importance of education… and pretty much everything else I know and am!
5) Technology. My hobbies and career all involve electronics, innovation, and always seeking improvement. Without technology my life wouldn’t be quite as fun!

5 Things Kristen is Thankful For on this Thanksgiving:
1) Gospel. I am grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because it teaches me about Jesus Christ and provides such focus and purpose to my life. I am so thankful that I know being a wife and a mother is what Heavenly Father wants me to do and that He will help me fulfill those roles.
2) Family. I am grateful for loving parents and siblings. It is so nice to talk with them on the phone and to stay close in our relationships though we are so far away from each other. Especially my mom, as she can still solve my problems and help me to feel better when I am frustrated or upset.
3) My sweet husband. I am so grateful to have such a loving, understanding, and helpful husband. Jacob helps and supports me as a wife, mother, and in all the activities I plan, even taking off work sometimes to help my load be easier. I feel Jacob and I are a great match and I am grateful for the fun and happy relationship we have.
4) Claire. I am grateful to be a mother to this wonderful little girl. She is so sweet as she tries to help me around the house. I love to watch her learn and grow and have so much fun with her daddy.
5) Shelter and food. I am very thankful for having a nice warm house to live in and plenty of food to eat. I know I am so blessed to have all my material needs provided for by my sweet husband. I feel for those people who do not have enough warmth or food to eat. I am glad that this season is also a season of giving so that we can learn to help our neighbors. 

5 Things Claire is Thankful For on this Thanksgiving:
1) Heavenly Father – because He gave me a chance to come to earth and into a loving family.
2) Mommy and Daddy – they love me so much and are so nice to me. They take care of me and play with me!
3) Animals – alive or stuffed, I love them to pieces. Especially one stuffed puppy dog, he comforts me when I am sad.
4) Mommy’s food – it is sooo yummy! Her chocolate chip cookies are the best treat.
5) Electrical buttons – especially all the ones I’m not supposed to touch. =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment