So yesterday I really thought was going to be a great day...Claire slept for like 13.5 hours so I got to sleep in till 9:30. Yes, it was amazing! But...payback sucks... Claire had just pooped a diaper so I changed her and noticed her bum was a little red so I let her run around diaperless for a few minutes to air out and dry her bum. Well about two minutes later I hear Claire whining a bit, then getting louder and louder. I go to check on her and she had pooped all over the floor and it stunk...I smelled it immediately. She was upset because she had stepped in it and it wouldn't come off her foot, so of course she had pushed it into the carpet and tracked it for a few steps. I really didn't even know what to do so I took off what was left of her pajamas and picked up her arms, held her out from me and put her in the tub. I washed off all the poop, but then the tub was dirty so I had to clean it with cleaner and then put her in the bath. While she was in the bath, I attempted to clean up the carpet and to not throw up about 10 times. Who would have thought poop would stain so badly? I did some research on the internet and found that hydrogen peroxide with a white rag works the best to lift the stain...and it did! I had to apply it a few times, but it did get the stain out...now what to do about the slight smell?!
I had planned to meet a lady from Church at Joann's to purchase some fabric at 11:15am that day. The night before I rescheduled to 12:30pm so Claire could be sure to get a good nap. BIG mistake! Since Claire slept in so late, I couldn't give her nap before we left so Claire screamed horribly in the store. What happened to my sweet and easy going baby?! I think I am going to blame it on teething...please be teething those 1 year old molars...I want my sweet baby back!
I am sure I will laugh about these events soon, but what a stressful and frustrating day yesterday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Well I'm laughing--I'm glad we aren't the only ones to have a poop in the carpet incident. The sad part is, I didn't even learn my lesson from the first time and it happened again! It is true that even cleaning the tub out from it is horrible.
ReplyDelete