Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pink Princess Party

As I previously mentioned, Claire requested a "pink princess party" so I did the best I could to throw her one.  The majority of her friends are boys so I wasn't sure how I was going to make a pink princess party work for the boys.  The invites, balloons, pinata, and cupcakes were all pink and princessey so I hope that was enough.  I made crowns and swords out of cardboard for the boys and the girls got princess wands.  (Note to self, the kids only wanted what the other one had so next time I am just going to do one thing)  We had a lot fun and we are so happy so many friends came to celebrate Claire's birthday!

Jacob and I attempted to make Claire's house into a princess castle.  Not sure we succeeded, but the kids thought it was fun.

Some friend that were moving gave us this pool (and the house above) so we set it up for the party.  The kids had a blast running around in the pool and splashing.  Claire didn't want to be splashed and was crying to get out.   She is suuuch a girl, but I think she needs to toughen up a bit. :)

My friend Char brought this slip n slide for the kids and Tommy loved it!  He kept sticking his face in the water streams and splashing in the water.

Some of the boys with the slip n slide!

Another action shot of Tommy!

I made this princess crown pinata for the party.  I actually think it turned out pretty good and the kids loved taking turns hitting it!

Good hit Colton!

And the candy rush was probably the best part. :)

Claire opening presents with her friends!

She received lots of pink and princess stuff...lucky girl!  Thank you everyone!

Happy Birthday Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment