Yay! Our garden is growing nicely!
1st harvest of green beans! They tasted amazing and I already froze some!
Claire loves helping me water the garden. She gets to fill up the buckets while I turn on and off the hose.
Those are some good looking tomatoes. Hopefully they will turn red soon!
Some beefsteak tomatoes for Jacob.
Zucchini is coming along! I cannot believe how fast they grow. One day it was a few inches and I came back to find this monster the next day! I'm excited to try this zucchini oven chip recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=183739
Unfortunately only 1 pea plant came up in our garden out of the 16ish I planted...sad! We also only got 6 carrots. None of the spinach I planted came up. I don't know why. My only guess is that the weekend after I planted these vegetable it got super cold here. Even though these vegetable are "cold loving," maybe this cold was too much for them. It is strange since every one of my bean pants came up and I did the same exact things except for planting them later in the season. I am going to try new pea and carrot plants soon for a fall harvest.



I did a garden while living in Ohio and this sounds exactly the same as mine. I had a lot of green beans and zucchini but hardly any peas, carrots and lettuce. I wonder if you have to do something different to the soil there. I am happy you are having success in your first garden. It is so fun to have one and to watch everything grow. We didn't do one this year and I wish we did.
ReplyDeleteThat is so interesting we had issues with the same vegetables. I'll have to ask my friend who is a gardener expert about that. We loved seeing you at Eric's wedding! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete