Thursday, July 11, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

Yes, Memorial Day was a while ago, but here I am making sure it gets blogged!  My brother Eric and his wife Katrina came up for the weekend.  We had a blast sight seeing a few things and just enjoying their company.  I'm so glad they moved just a few hours away from us so we can see them much more often!

The first place we visited was this old lighthouse in Fairport Harbor.  It has a museum in the building next to it and so it was fun to explore the museum and lighthouse.

Tommy manning the wheel!  Is anyone else as obsessed with his adorable face as I am?!

Ok, Claire got the bigger wheel!  It was pretty fun to see all the artifacts of ships and the lighthouse and many other nautical things.

Eric and Katrina!

Tommy and Jacob climbing up the steps to the top of the lighthouse...I think there were 65 steps.

Eric was awesome and helped Claire up to the top!

Our family with Lake Erie in the background.


Eric and Katrina looking good!

A really pretty view from the top of the lighthouse of Lake Erie.  Lake Erie really seems like an ocean because you can't see any land in the distance.

After the lighthouse we checked out a playground nearby.  I'm not sure who liked the digging toy more, Jacob or the kids?!

Jon and Julia came over for a few intense games of Settlers of Catan!

The kids loved jumping on Uncle Eric.  I love how Tommy is just about to land on Eric.  We also played a lot of volleyball and football.  It is so nice to have family near and I hope Eric and Katrina will come often!

No comments:

Post a Comment