Claire loves to "help" me cook. She wants to help me pour in all the ingredients, stir, or even just watch. Every dinner I hear, "Can I help you?" We made sugar cookies for a church activity so I let Claire cut out a few of her own cookies and here she is frosting them.
Claire still is a great big sister. After preschool each day, Claire gives Tommy a huge hug! She plays with Tommy a lot and helps him if he needs it. Overall, Claire is very good to him and Tommy adores her. She even remembered to bring Tommy home a cookie from church on Sunday when Tommy stayed home because he was sick.
Claire likes to collect things so here is her collection one day. A stuffed animal, pumpkin, and a pull-toy. She carries things around with her and pretends and plays with them. Claire is getting quite creative with her pretend play and it is fun to watch what she comes up with. Claire also likes to give her toys names. She had a cute name for that pull-toy, but now I can't remember. Darn it! Wait, I just remembered, the name was Giggles!
Claire and Tommy together. Claire keeps growing taller, but never wider. He waist can still fit into 24mo leggings and such, but I find I have to change her wardrobe when things become too short for her. It is tough to find jeans that work for her little waist. Even the Children's Place adjustable jeans are still too big.
Claire doesn't have a tiny waist for lack of eating. Claire will eat most anything I put in front of her and I would not say she is picky in the least. Some of her favorites are black bean soup, cheesy quesadillas, baked potatoes with chili, sliced cheese, apples, blueberry yogurt, and vanilla ice cream.
Claire usually does not nap, but every once in a while when I can tell she is over-tired I will put her down for a nap. It still makes her stay up too late so it is hard to know if it is worth it. But I love not having a cranky/whiny girl.
I think Claire is getting more used to school and is really starting to love it. One of her teachers, Mrs. M. seems to pay a lot of attention to Claire and makes her feel welcome. I really appreciate that. Claire is learning more of the names of the kids in her class so hopefully that means she is making friends as well. Claire loves the music part of school and show-n-tell. She has a "job" every other week and so far she has been weather girl and ABC girl. Claire says she is so excited for when she gets to do the garbage...ha, really?! I think Claire is learning a lot in preschool and even though it is quite expensive, I am glad we put her in. I am pleased with what she comes home talking about and I think it is very good for her!
Claire still loves to read with us and go on trips to the library. It is fun to load up on books each week! Every Friday there is a family story time at our library where we read stories, sing songs, say rhymes, and end with a craft. Both Tommy and Claire enjoy this story time so I think we will go as often as possible.
This girl is still a runner/jumper/mover. It is fun to watch her test her own abilities in her movement. I've said this for forever now, but I really am going to put her into a gymnastics class soon! Claire also loves to pick her own outfit out and try to find things that look "cute" together. Overall she does a great job. I usually still help her choose if we are going someplace special or to school.
Jacob and I seriously love this girl so much. It is both sad and amazing to watch how she is growing and changing. I put the kids summer clothes away this week and it always makes me want to shed a tear. I know I will miss these kids at their ages and the fun things we did in those clothes. Kisses and wishes to you Claire!



No comments:
Post a Comment