Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lincoln at 6 months

This little cutie-pie, actually I call him Linky-pie, is 6 months old!  I cannot believe how quickly Lincoln has grown up and how time flies.  Lincoln loves his nick-name, Linky-pie and when I sing "Oh my, Linky-pie" he laughs and smiles at me.  Lincoln is a super happy baby overall and he is a joy to have in our home.  Jacob and I cannot seem to get over how cute we think he is!  Since he was born, I have felt that Lincoln was really special and that I was connected to him in a different way than Claire and Tommy.  Don't get me wrong, I love them all the same, but I just feel like I really knew Lincoln before he was born and as I said before, we are just connected.

Lincoln's first taste of rice cereal at 5.5 months!  What a face?!

Ah, that's better!  What a sweetheart!

Lincoln kept trying to wiggle his way out of the bumbo and it was getting to be quite dangerous having him up on the table.  With Lincoln always squirming and turning, feeding time was a mess.  I decided to get a new space saver high chair because our dining area is small and I felt like our old high chair didn't sit the babies up enough.  Lincoln really likes the new one and so do I!

Lincoln loves the jumperoo!  All of my kids have enjoyed this toy.  Lincoln loves to spin that ball right in front and he can get some major air.  He thinks it is so fun to watch the kids run around and play in the toy room while he jumps.  Claire and Tommy love having him in the toy room, talking to him and playing with him.

One night Linky-pie jumped so hard he fell asleep.  I noticed he was being awfully quiet and found him snoozing.  Too cute not to snap a picture.

I watch Julia's baby, Emma every so often while Julia works.  It is so fun to watch these cousins interact.  They love to grab onto each other and try to poke out each others shiny eyes.  Emma is a lot more mobile than Lincoln so Lincoln gets frustrated trying to keep up with where Emma gets to.

Only 7 weeks apart, almost like twins!  Love them!  
Look at the beautiful blue eyes they both have.

Lincoln got his first tooth on Sept. 21st.  The day before he turned 6 months!  I knew that tooth was coming in and while Lincoln wasn't majorly fussy he wouldn't eat well.  A week later his 2nd tooth popped through.  I love it when babies have just their bottom two middle teeth.  Lincoln's bottom incisors look like they are on their way too.

With Claire gone at school, it is just me and the boys at home.  Tommy is so excited when Lincoln is awake and he loves to push cars near Lincoln and talk to him.  Lincoln is so entertained by Tommy and laughs and squeals at Tommy pushing the cars and running around.

Lincoln has been working on crawling and he gets up on all fours and rocks.  He also does a bit of the caterpillar crawl where he sticks his bum up and falls forward.  Now that he is 6.5 months old he is super close to crawling.  He has started getting those legs and hands moving at the same time.  Lincoln can wiggle and move his way anywhere he wants now.  Luckily he is pretty slow, but soon enough he will be tough to catch up with.

Claire and Tommy are little Lincoln police officers!  They love to tell me if they think Lincoln is getting into something he shouldn't or if he is too far from his toys.  I encourage this for now as hopefully it will help me keep Lincoln out of trouble!  I have had lots of talks with the kids about not leaving little toys or hair ties on the ground for Lincoln to choke on. 

Lincoln usually takes 3 naps and they have been better lately!  Around 1.5 hours to 2 hours.  He still sleeps 10.5 to 11 hours at night, so great!  Lincoln has eaten peas, green beans, pears, and sweet potatoes with his oatmeal and rice cereal.  He seems to really like sweet potatoes which is great because I am the only other one who likes them in our family.  Maybe I'll have a food buddy!  Lincoln tried squash, but was super fussy.  So either he was sensitive to them or it could be correlated to when he was teething.  I'll try squash again soon.  He is okay with his sippy cup.  Doesn't love it, doesn't hate it.  Working on that!  This boy is a doll and it is so fun to see his personality shining through as Lincoln is getting older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment