I took a trip last week to Utah with Claire and without my sweet Jacob. It was hard to leave him behind, but I was super excited to see my family in Utah. My parents came down from Montana and we all spent the week together. The week proved to be a ton of fun and a lot of work as well. Doing everything for Claire by myself was a challenge, especially as Claire began the teething process. Here is a list of first's for me and Claire, both the ups and downs!
1. Claire sprouted her first tooth on April 15th. I knew they were coming in the week before, but I could actually feel the tooth on that day. She hates it when I pry open her mouth to take a peek at the little pearly whites. Doesn't she understand I am just so excited to see them? :) She was a bear a lot of the week, very cranky and had difficulty sleeping.
2. My first extended trip without Jacob. Now I appreciate how much he helps out with the traveling and with Claire. It was such a pain getting around with all the luggage. I have to give a shout out and say thanks to the people who helped me get my luggage, let me put my drink on their tray, held and entertained Claire, and lend me their head phones. THANK YOU!
3. Claire's first time in a playground swing. She LOVED it. Just take a look at the video below.
4. Claire's first time at the zoo and on a carousel.
5. My first time at Hatch Family Chocolates L.L.C in Salt Lake City, UT. They have a new show on TLC called the Little Chocolatiers. http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/little-chocolatiers/ I spoke to the male owner and he commented on how cute Claire was and I saw the wife in the back. I should have asked to take a picture with them...I chickened out...but I got a pic of the building outside!
6. Claire's first time being entertained by cousins. We stayed with my sister Beth and her family. They were so generous and helpful! Claire love playing with Olivia and Samantha (top), though she kept trying to pull their hair and climb on them.
7. Claire's first time feeding the ducks. We went with my sisters, Michele and Beth and their kids. Claire was not really interested in the ducks, I felt like she was saying "just get the sun out of my eyes mom".
8. Claire's first time having her toe nails painted. Sorry, no pics, the paint was a light pink and she did not think it was a good idea. She loves to kick her feet and move around, so holding her feet still is always a challenge. My brother Eric was able to distract her for about half of it, but that was all the patience she had.
Along with visiting my parents, we saw Jacob's sister Emily and my sister Julia. It was so fun to get the family together and I am glad I made the trip through all the mess of air travel, time change, and a teething baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks like a lot of fun (and work!)...can hardly wait to see the cute new toothy grin.
ReplyDelete