The family at the observation tower. You can watch planes take off and land at the Dulles Airport.
Me, Claire, and my Uncle Bill!
A small plane coming in for a landing.
A space shuttle, this one never went into orbit, but it was used as a trial one for the other space shuttles to see if the concepts they thought of would work.
Claire drinking her sippy cup and being pushed around. For some reason she wasn't too happy to be in the stroller this day. Usually she is great about it. We survived!
This plane is one that I found most interesting. It is the Boeing B-29 Superfortress "Enola Gay". It was the plane that dropped the atomic bomb Hiroshima, Japan. I thought it was so crazy that we were standing next to a carefully crafted piece of metal that changed the lives of millions of people. Very awe-inspiring.
Family photo on the inside. I think it is so cute that Claire is looking up at us.



Cool! I think it is so great that you guys got to do this last-minute Christmas travel. Come to think of it, I've got a cousin who lives in DC. Should have seen if she was in town for us to visit. =)
ReplyDelete