Monday, August 22, 2011

Claire's at-home birthday party!

On Claire's actual birthday I wanted to do something special and fun for her so we decided to go to the beach so she could play with the sand.  She loves to take her shoes off and play with her feet and hands in the sand. I also made a cake so we could sing happy birthday, blow out candles and open presents.  Here are a few pictures of the fun time we had.

Claire is amazed at the sand on her hand; I think Jacob just poured some on it.  The clouds behind her look pretty threatening, but the storm just missed us at the beach and hit where our home is, lucky us!

Claire filling up the bucket with sand!

Claire loved receiving the special attention of Jacob and I singing to her.  I told her to blow out the candles like she blows bubbles and Claire totally got the idea.  She blew out each one.  Unfortunately she took one bite of cake and said that was enough.  She is just not a sweets fan, which I guess is actually good.

Opening presents!  Claire knew exactly what to do.

Mommy helping out a bit with this one.

Daddy's turn to help!

I think Claire really enjoyed her birthday evening!  I'm glad I decided last minute to do a cake so she could experience the singing and candles even though she is only 2.  The other present she got for her birthday was a bee sting.  :(  We were taking a walk outside in the morning and I think a bee brushed against her forehead and she tried to wipe it away.  The bee got caught in between her fingers and stung her right in the middle of her forehead.  She sure did scream, I felt so bad for her!  We rushed home and took care of the sting and luckily that was the end of it.  I was pretty mad at the whole bee population for a while, even though that is more than just a little silly. :)  Claire is now scared of bees, which is good and bad, and she still talks about how the bee stung her and how mommy helped her.

No comments:

Post a Comment