Yesterday my mom told me that our cat had been hit by a car and is no longer with us. So sad! I know my parents are really going to miss him, he was a wonderful companion. All of our family adored this lovable creature, especially because he was around for so long. My parents got my little brother Eric and I two cats while we still lived at home. I was maybe a freshman in high school and so Eric was a few years younger. My cat only lasted about a year or so before it disappeared, which was pretty normal. We live out in the country and the cats only come in the house at night so we didn't hold on to cats for very long. This sweet cat was a rarity as he lived around 10 years! He doesn't have a true name as Eric wanted to call him "Cow" because he was black and white, but nobody really liked it, so he just went by kitty...real original. :) This cat was amazing, my dad taught him to roll over and beg for food and he loved to kill bunnies, birds, and mice, but was also the most loving and kind creature to our family. He loved to knead his paws on us and purr and then drool all over us. The drool was really disgusting, but we loved him anyway. He was so kind and affectionate and was so great with all the grandkids. He never even thought about biting or scratching them even when the toddlers would be a little too rough. I am so glad I was able to see this kitty one last time about a month ago in Montana and I'm grateful I took the time to pet him and love him a few times even though I knew my allergies would act up. This kitty had a long and happy life and I'm sure he earned his way to cat heaven!
Kitty!
Again, this cat was amazing with the grandkids. Here is a picture of Beth's baby, Olivia, with the kitty a few years ago.
Claire just loved this kitty a year ago and did as well a few months ago.
We are going to miss him!
Oh that is so sad! I'm glad he got to drool on you one last time, he was the sweetest boy!
ReplyDelete