Tommy actually had a rough day for his birthday, he fell down the stairs...twice (he tries to carry stuff up the stairs and it never turns out well), was in pain teething his molars, and didn't nap well. He enjoyed opening his presents, but he cried when we tried to do a smash cake. The only cute thing he did was to pick up the plate and dump the cake over when I put it on his tray. Maybe next year will go better. :)
A happy lunch Tommy!
I remembered I had this adorable elephant banner my friend Rachel made for Tommy's baby shower and I thought it would be fun to use it again for Tommy's birthday. I added the 1's and wallah, perfect!
Tommy taking a bite out of the presents! :)
Tommy loved opening the presents, but didn't want to move on to the next presents after he opened the cool cars Rachel and Stas gave him.
Claire HAD to help. She was so excited to open the presents for with Tommy. Claire barely gave him a chance to help out. :)
Cool firefighter book Grandma and Grandpa F. gave. This only lasted about 2 seconds until he was off to the next present. :)
Everyone in awe of the giraffe popper from Grandma and Grandpa F.
Smash Cake!
"What is this and why are you making me touch it?"
Ya, Tommy wasn't a fan of the smash cake idea. He was really tired and had just eaten dinner so I don't think he was hungry at all and was just not interested in the cake.
Look at that terrified face, just because we gave him cake! Next year will be better I'm sure.
Here are a few things about our Tommy:
- Weighs 23lbs, 6oz. He is 50th percentile for everything.
- LOVES his dad. I think since Jacob isn't home much, Tommy just can't get enough of him when Jacob is home. I can hardly take Tommy away from Jacob without Tommy crying to do a diaper change or something.
- Likes to pretend to talk on the phone with his hand. Super cute!
- Gives good high fives.
- Loves noodles and black beans.
- Walking is his preferred mode of transportation. His first steps were September 23rd in the living room. I happened to look over at him and Jacob and I both caught him doing those steps! He is getting pretty good at walking now, but still falls a lot on uneven ground.
- Loves to push anything that has wheels!
- Like to eat shoes...gross!
- Is a screamer. This is driving me crazy. He has a high pitched scream (which I think he got from Claire) that he uses whenever he wants something or is upset. We are working on this and hopefully he will pick up some more sign language soon to help the problem.
- Gives great (and kind of disgusting) open mouth kisses. He will "kiss" me on the cheeks and I end up having to wipe my face off with a towel. It is the sentiment that counts and I love the kisses anyway!
- Likes to wave at other kids, he is pretty choosy about adults.
- Sleeps about 11 hours at night, but every once in a while he will wake up at night. He will usually go back to bed well if I feed him a bottle.
- Tommy is really good at playing by himself. He will do his own thing the majority of the time, not sure if it is a 2nd kid thing or a boy thing or a Tommy thing. I really appreciate it as Claire was not like that.
- Starting to like books more. Tommy has not been as much of a fan of books as Claire was, but I also know I have not read near as much to him as I did Claire. It is much harder to find the time the 2nd time around. I have made it a point to read to him before his afternoon nap for the past 5 months and he is coming around and is really starting to enjoy reading books.



No comments:
Post a Comment