Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Family Visits: Great Wolf Lodge

My sister Beth and her family came to visit us in Ohio last week!  We had such a blast going to fun places, touring the church history sites, and just hanging out.  I was so glad that they decided to make a trip to see us this year so they could see and experience all that we do.  For example, we had rain and cloudy weather for the first week that they were here and both Beth and her husband Brent said "do you ever see the sun in Ohio?"  Well we sure do, just not very much in the winter time. :)  Now they will understand when I say I am kinda depressed and missing the sun next winter.  Luckily, we did see the sun toward the end of their trip and we enjoyed a few days of good weather. 

The first place we went to was the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio.  We met a friend of Brent's with his family at the water park from Michigan.  I was a little worried about going to water park because I didn't know how much Claire would enjoy it, but the worries were needless.  This water park was so fun and it really catered to all ages of children.  The water park is located right inside the hotel and the cost into the water area is included in the cost of staying at the hotel.  I would definitely go back and spend some more family fun time there.  Check out the pictures below of our adventure.  And a big thanks to Brent who took most the pictures on the trip!

This is a huge water bucket that dumps water on everything every 5-10 minutes or so.  The kids loved waiting for it to fill up and watch the water splash down.  
Claire kept signing more after it dumped the water every time.

Cousin Samantha climbing up to go down a slide in the toddler area.

Super cute Claire in the toddler area.  She loved splashing and walking all around in the water.
 
Jacob, Claire and I at the toddler area.  I know I look funny, 
I was trying to get Claire's attention to the camera.

Cousins Olivia and Samantha going down a slide together.

Olivia all by herself!

So much fun!

Claire's turn at the slide.  She absolutely LOVED going down this slide and would go down all by herself, even without us pushing her.  Claire signed more after every turn and so we probably went down that slide at least 50 times!  We had a blast watching her.

A picture of the water tower.  This was so fun for the kids to climb up and down.  It had tons of places to fill up and dump water, some on other people down below.  Seriously, so much fun!

The girls, Olivia, Claire, and a friend holding hands and walking to story time in pajamas at the lodge.  Claire loved being a big girl with these girls.
Stay tuned for more posts...probably a lot of them.  We were busy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my that looks like sooo much fun! I want to go there now. I notice your ticker said you're having a boy! Yay! Boys are fun no matter what I might have said about Ty. Claire will be such a good older sister! Does she get the idea of you having a baby in your tummy?

    ReplyDelete