Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day

Well...I'm just a little late in getting around to posting about Mother's Day this year, but it was such a quality day that I had to write about it eventually.  My sister Beth and her family were still here so we got to celebrate together with our families.

The day of and the weeks before Mother's Day were actually really busy because I was in charge of doing a girl's camp fundraiser for our ward.  I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries and caramel/chocolate covered pretzels for members of the ward to purchase for their mothers/loved ones for Mother's Day.  I got the idea here, and the fundraiser turned out great; we made about $500 after the cost of supplies!  I didn't take any pictures, but I pretty much followed exactly what the lady said to do on that website and they looked like what hers did for the most part.  (I did change quantity and prices).  So it took a lot of work to organize getting the order forms, gathering supplies, and making the treats, but we did it!  The young women loved making the treats and were already requesting to do it again next year...we shall see. :)  I was so grateful to have my camp assistant Rachel and my sister Beth around to help me accomplish this big task.  The best part was the treats, they were delicious!

Beth and I went out for pedicures for Mother's Day a few days before.  Oh how I love pedicures!  I miss the days of California where pedicures only cost $18 at my favorite place.  We had fun talking and getting pampered.  Jacob also surprised me with a purse that I had been wanting forever.  Now that I only have a toddler, I really don't need a huge diaper bag, but I still wanted a large purse with lots of pockets and zippers.  This one fit the bill and I LOVE it!  Too bad I can only use it for the summer and then back to a huge diaper bag when the next little one comes.

And speaking of next little one, IT'S A BOY!  I know a few of you noticed my pregnancy ticker that said it was a boy, but I thought I would be a little more official now.  I cannot believe Jacob and I are going to have a little boy.  I always imagined having a bunch of girls, but I must say I am really excited (and nervous) at the thought of having a boy.  We are anxious for the big ultrasound in a few more weeks and I cannot wait to share more of our new little one with you then.

I cannot forget to mention my mom when I think about Mother's Day.  I so wish we lived closer, but I make do with frequent phone calls.  My mom probably gets tired of hearing from me, but she is a lifesaver and I just can't imagine not having her around!  I am also grateful for Jacob's mom.  She raised a great son and is also so thoughtful in everything that she does.  I have two great examples to follow and I just hope our children love me as much as Jacob and I do our moms.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't catch on to the "baby BOY" part on the ticker! I even read it and it went right over my head! CONGRATULATIONS to your little family! We are so excited and thrilled for you and the many adventures you have ahead of you! PS - You'll have to let me know if Maximillian MT is in the ranking now that it's officially a boy... hahaha. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete